Bill Carey at BackstepFirefighter.com found this video and has some commentary on it at his site. It’s from a fire May 1 at 12,010 Valleywood Drive in the Glenmont area of Montgomery County, Maryland.
No one was injured, Assistant Chief Scott Graham said. Firefighters were dispatched to the scene at approximately 3:30 p.m.
“The homeowner was working on a piece of engine equipment in the basement when it fell over and landed on a can of brake cleaner,” Graham said in a statement. A water heater pilot light ignited the brake cleaner’s fumes, and the fire extended up the walls and into the first and second floors.
Do you want to sell a rig? Click HERE to find out how with SellFireTrucks.com.
Also on STATter911 …
- Mayday in Chicago. Firefighter fell through floor of vacant building on South Side. – November 16, 2012
- Firefighter/dispatcher falls asleep during 911 call. TV station has audio from Montgomery County, Maryland. – May 22, 2012
- Raw video: House fire in Newark, Delaware. Firefighter fell through floor. – March 25, 2012
- Firefighter falls through floor at Jewell, IA house fire. Power company & cops man hose lines. – August 12, 2012
Powered by Facebook Comments