Flames reaching a power line caused a firefighter in Reading, Pennsylvania on Thursday evening to make a sudden entrance into an open window and off the roof. The firefighter was uninjured.
Things got extremely tense as the fire hit live wires moments after the fire broke out in a vacant home on Schuylkill Avenue, near North Front Street, in Reading.
One firefighter had to jump from a roof through a second floor window of the home to avoid the sparks. Crews then scrambled to turn off the power.
Also on STATter911 …
- Helmet-cam: House fire in Ballston Spa, NY. Fire chief says wind was a factor. – March 21, 2013
- Six-alarms in The Bronx: 28 firefighters among injured in overnight Melrose apartment fire. – July 18, 2012
- Must see video: Motel roof collapses on top of San Antonio, Texas firefighters. – April 20, 2012
- Raw video: Three-alarm house fire in old Ottawa. Firefighters had a tough time holding on to hoses. – July 17, 2012
Powered by Facebook Comments