The City of Laval, north of Montreal, Canada has been ordered by a judge to pay almost $3.7 million to Factory Mutual Insurance Company because Laval firefighters made a warehouse fire eight years ago worse by starting a second fire. The original fire was in a storage room at the Dyne-a-Pak foam plant on September 25, 2004. According to SunNews, firefighters using a saw, accidentally started a second fire:
They used a chainsaw to cut a hole in a ceiling across the hall from where the fire was raging. Sparks from the saw ignited rolls of polystyrene, causing a second fire.
It took 11 hours to put out the blaze, and the warehouse was heavily damaged.
In a Dec. 13 ruling, Judge Andre Roy agreed the chainsaw caused the second fire.
Do you want to sell a rig? Click HERE to find out how with SellFireTrucks.com.
Also on STATter911 …
- Raw video: Four-alarm Philly fire with multiple collapses. Warehouse stored equipment for famed Mummers parade. – December 11, 2012
- Pennsylvania volunteer’s story about being an FDNY firefighter trapped in 9-11 rubble questioned. Steelton mayor & chief questioned about comments to newspaper. – December 29, 2011
- Raw video: Large Pennsylvania publishing company destroyed by fire. – October 24, 2012
- Caught on video: News chopper crashes in front of firefighters at emergency scene. – January 21, 2013
Powered by Facebook Comments