Are you keeping up with STATter911.com on Facebook? You will find more fire & EMS news & videos by clicking here & choosing “like”.
As we have pointed out often on STATter911.com, everyone is a reporter these days. The Internet and social media gives that opportunity to anyone who is interested in sharing news with the rest of us. One of my favorite citizen journalists is Kenny Rogers. Not the “You’ve got to know when to hold them, know when to fold them” Kenny Rogers, but still a star in his own right. He’s the man who brings the world Man Cave news from his home in Massachusetts.
On Monday, Kenny ventured out of the cave to report on a restaurant fire in South Hadley. As usual, Rogers has some fire department in action video with his own unique narration, complete with multiple on camera standups. For comparison, we’ve added the more traditional TV report from WWLP-TV (below).
As for the fire, here’s what another reporter, Patrick Johnson with The Republican wrote:
District 1 Fire Chief Robert Authier said Tuesday that the cause of a Monday night fire that destroyed a building at 24 Bridge St.was the result of accidental ignition from a plumber’s torch
Authier said some licensed plumbers were doing work on some pipes during the day, and heat from their torch apparently started a fire. He said it smoldered for hours before spreading into the ceiling and igniting into the blaze that consumed the building.
Do you want to sell a rig? Click HERE to find out how with SellFireTrucks.com.
Also on STATter911 …
- Man Cave News on the scene: Fire in Chicopee, MA. – August 8, 2012
- Raw video: Watch firefighters who wait until after the power is cut before fighting electrical fire. – July 25, 2013
- Raw video: House fire in Brookeville, OH – June 28, 2012
- Must see video: With a crowd yelling jump & fire licking at your backside, sometimes you have no choice but to bail. – July 7, 2012
Powered by Facebook Comments