Video from Jim T of a house fire around 10:30 this morning at 123 West Orchard Street in Somerville, New Jersey. Investigators say the fire started when a 69-year-old man was smoking a cigarette while breathing from an oxygen tank. News reports indicate that man suffered severe burns to his face and hands.
At about 2:21 on video 2 there is a small explosion toward the front of the house. According to news reports, there were also about a dozen long rifles stored in the home.
“Not a good idea,” said Capt. George Fazio of the Somerville Police. “It’s an extremely dangerous act.”
The burned man, James Flood, was flown to a local hospital by a State Police helicopter that landed at nearby Somerville High School, about a block from the West Orchard Street fire, Fazio said.
Also on STATter911 …
- Arrival video: House fire in Somerville, Massachusetts. – September 30, 2012
- Mayday audio: Newark, NJ house fire. Two firefighters hurt. – August 7, 2013
- Driver of ambulance dead. Crash occurred transporting burn victim from fatal fire in Sussex County, NJ. – January 8, 2013
- Helmet-cam: Fatal house fire in Jacksonville, Florida. – August 16, 2012
Powered by Facebook Comments