Video by Christopher Nasseri of a fire this morning in Rancho Penasquitos in San Diego, California.
Fire officials said coals left unattended in a fire pit caused $350,000 in damage to a trailer and an adjacent home in the 1100 block of Meknes Way near Nawa Way on Saturday.
No one was injured, but a family cat perished in the blaze, to which firefighters responded at 10:07 a.m., according to San Diego Fire-Rescue spokesman Maurice Luque.
“A fire pit that had active coals in it ignited an enclosed trailer,” Luque said.”The trailer was a ball of fire, which then spread into the eaves of the house destroying the first-floor bedroom. There was a lot of smoke damage through the rest of the house.”
A second-alarm call for backup units, later rescinded, was sent out by firefighters at 10:32 a.m. when it was feared the blaze threatened nearby homes, Luque said.
Also on STATter911 …
- Raw video: Two homes burn in Brampton, Ontario. – November 30, 2013
- Early video: House fire in Lufkin, Texas. – August 10, 2013
- Pre-arrival video: Single family home under construction spreads to four other houses in British Columbia. – September 27, 2012
- Raw video: Three-alarm house fire in Hackensack, NJ spreads to exposure. – March 18, 2013
Powered by Facebook Comments