Do you want to sell a rig? Click HERE to find out how with SellFireTrucks.com.
Steve McCool, a Lufkin fire marshal, said Friday morning that the investigation revealed the fire started under the bed in one of the kids’ bedrooms. Although McCool still has more interviews to conduct, he said he believes the fire’s cause was accidental.
“We know the fire started in the middle bedroom, which is one of the children’s bedrooms and the fire started at the foot or under the foot of the bed in that room,” McCool said.
The home did have smoke detectors, but they did not activate for some reason, McCool said. He said he does not know why the smoke detectors failed to warn the home’s occupants of a fire.
Also on STATter911 …
- Raw video: House fire in Petaluma, CA. One firefighter hurt. Dog rescued. – May 1, 2013
- Helmet-cam video: First arriving ladder at two-alarm apartment fire in Newark, Delaware. – December 20, 2012
- Early pictures: Gresham, Oregon firefighters save man behind bars. – November 30, 2012
- Raw video: Three-alarm house fire in Hackensack, NJ spreads to exposure. – March 18, 2013
Powered by Facebook Comments