Do you want to sell a rig? Click HERE to find out how with SellFireTrucks.com.
The video above is from Scott Crider and was taken during a recent high school football game at Hummer Sports Park in Topeka, Kansas. This story was just made for TV news. It’s perfect to help the anchors make that transition from news to sports. Here’s the story. According to various websites that covered this incident, the woman in black is Beverly Bernardi Post, a “local baton twirling legend”. Apparently, as they like to say way too much in TV news, “something went terribly wrong” (UK TV folks say ”something went horribly wrong”) as she was lighting up and a lot more than her batons were flaming.
Maybe the fire was a plot by the winning coach to avoid a Gatorade bath, because the sports drink became the extinguishing agent of choice for the flammable liquids fire engulfing the sidelines. As the band played on without missing a beat (play TV newscaster at home and fill in your own favorite tune with “fire” in the title that you think the band should have been playing and then chuckle), a number of people jumped into action to beat back the stubborn flames.
In the end, the fire went out and there were apparently no injuries. The unanswered question from everything I have read is whether the show went on. Did she get to twirl her famous flaming batons or was this sideline sideshow the only fireworks anyone got to see?
Also on STATter911 …
- Firehouse set on fire in Vermont. Albany VFD apparatus heavily damaged. – August 12, 2013
- Close call: Camas, WA firefighter engulfed after flammable liquid falls from window sill. Gary Horst says, ‘I was a human fireball’. – March 1, 2013
- Damn reporters: A clear pattern of getting it wrong when covering DC Fire & EMS. – June 19, 2013
- Helmet-cam video: Initial attack on two-alarm Munhall, PA apartment fire. – June 12, 2013
Powered by Facebook Comments