Do you want to sell a rig? Click HERE to find out how with SellFireTrucks.com.
This is not another hoax story from the website Call The Cops. The Detroit Fire Department is actually hiring.
The Detroit Fire Department is looking to fill 90 firefighter positions.
Applications will be available online until Oct. 26. Funding for the openings comes from the city’s general fund, officials said.
The fire department has 791 firefighters, down from 209 since May 23 due to retirements, said Detroit Executive Fire Commissioner Don Austin.
In July of 2012, the city laid off 27 firefighters, but they returned a month later under a $22.5 million federal grant.
The minimum requirements are a High School diploma or GED. Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) License is preferred.
All candidates will have to pass a written examination, provide a valid State of Michigan Drivers License, and provide proof of successful completion of the Candidate Physical Abilities Test (CPAT).
The hiring process consists of the following components in this order:
1. Completion of online application
2. Written examination
3. Oral interview (Must have completed your CPAT examination by your interview date)
4. Background investigation
5. List of eligible candidates will be established
Also on STATter911 …
- Detroit mayor says TV reporter’s EMS blanket story is ‘blatantly false’. Charlie LeDuff stands by story that medic is punished for helping elderly man. – October 15, 2012
- TV station reports FBI & MI attorney general investigating Detroit EMS. Charlie LeDuff back on track. – February 7, 2013
- Mobile sign in Detroit says TV’s Charlie LeDuff lied. Former Dep. Fire Commissioner Fred Wheeler’s name on press release announcing campaign.against reporter. – October 25, 2012
- ‘When seconds count, we’re only minutes away’. TV reporter Charlie LeDuff gives a status update on the Detroit Fire Department. – January 22, 2013
Powered by Facebook Comments