A five-year-old girl who nearly died during an asthma attack November 28th thanked the three Prince George's County firefighter/paramedics who's quick action saved her life.
Christina Luckett handed out personalized plaques featuring her picture and photo to firefighter/medics Edward Scott, William Philpott and Clinton volunteer firefighter Ashley Butler as she met the rescuers inside the firehouse.
The trio also received Emergency Service Awards from Prince George's County fire chief Marc. S. Bashoor.
The rescuers took the unusual step of racing Christina to Southern Maryland Hospital in their fire truck while performing CPR, rather than waiting a few extra minutes for an ambulance to arrive. She had stopped breathing and had no pulse.
She was released from the hospital 3-days later and has fully recovered.
"Thank you!" Christina exclaimed before the formalities. "They helped me feel better."
Do you want to sell a rig? Click HERE to find out how withSellFireTrucks.com.
FIRE CAM Videos. The Original Helmet Cam
Subscribe to eMail Updates
- In Harrisburg, PA this weekend for Fire Expo? Come see the people who make STATter911.com possible.
- TV station reports 5 to 6 paramedic ambulances in DC each day lack medics. Staffing shortage subject of hearing today.
- Compton, CA Deputy Chief Marcel Melanson, who starred in reality series, jailed for arson. Police say fire covered up theft of city radio equipment.
- The not so funny rest of the naked man on the PGFD ladder truck story. PGPD say he shot a man before climbing the rig.
- No, it is not okay to subcontract out your job as a firefighter. Stop defending what happened from Cleveland & learn some lessons.
Most Recent Comments
- Lichmi Ashe on TV station reports 5 to 6 paramedic ambulances in DC each day lack medics. Staffing shortage subject of hearing today.
- it must be christmas on TV station reports 5 to 6 paramedic ambulances in DC each day lack medics. Staffing shortage subject of hearing today.
- uptown saturday nite on TV station reports 5 to 6 paramedic ambulances in DC each day lack medics. Staffing shortage subject of hearing today.
- ukfbbuff on Compton, CA Deputy Chief Marcel Melanson, who starred in reality series, jailed for arson. Police say fire covered up theft of city radio equipment.
- Doing it. on TV station reports 5 to 6 paramedic ambulances in DC each day lack medics. Staffing shortage subject of hearing today.
apartment fire building fire California collapse Command Fire Apparatus Dave Statter DC DCFD DC Fire DC Fire & EMS Department District of Columbia EMS EMT explosion FDNY fire firefighter firefighting Firegeezer Fires Fire Truck Blog FireTruckBlog.com Florida Glenn Usdin helmet-cam house fire Illinois Indiana Maryland Massachusetts Michigan New Jersey New York paramedic Pennsylvania PGFD Prince George's County Prince George's County Fire/EMS Department rescue sellfiretrucks.com STATter911.com structure fire Texas Virginia washington
- 911 (57)
- 911 Audio (45)
- Administration & Leadership (1750)
- Alexandria Fire Department (18)
- Anne Arundel County Fire Department (15)
- Apparatus Wrecks (89)
- Arlington County Fire Department (21)
- Aviation Incidents (30)
- Baltimore City Fire Department (86)
- Baltimore County Fire Department (40)
- Boston Fire Department (43)
- Bourne Fire Department (20)
- Breaking News (53)
- Buffalo Fire Department (36)
- Cameras & firefighters, EMS & police (107)
- Career – Volunteer Issues (85)
- Chicago Fire Department (62)
- Chief Dennis Rubin (139)
- Chief Kenneth Ellerbe (111)
- Command & Leadership (2588)
- Courts (147)
- Customer Service (200)
- DC Fire & EMS Department (266)
- Detroit Fire Department (87)
- Dispatch & Communications (136)
- Emergency Communications (133)
- EMS Dispatch (62)
- EMS Health & Safety (484)
- EMS Topics (2638)
- Fairfax County Fire & Rescue Department (69)
- FBI (7)
- FDNY (151)
- fire (3097)
- Fire Dispatch (112)
- Fire Prevention & Education (69)
- Fire Rescue Topics (3182)
- Firefighter Arson (42)
- Firefighter Safety & Health (2532)
- Firefighting Operations (2092)
- Fireground Audio (400)
- Firehouse Pranks (27)
- Fires (2212)
- FireTruckBlog.com (145)
- Funding & Staffing (306)
- Gary Fire Department (21)
- Gregson Street Guillotine (3)
- Haiti Earthquake (10)
- HazMat (165)
- Hosed (4)
- Houston Fire Department (29)
- IAFC (14)
- IAFF (211)
- In the Line of Duty (199)
- Japan earthquake & tsunami (6)
- Line of Duty (204)
- Los Angeles County Fire Department (15)
- Los Angeles Fire Department (35)
- Loudoun (20)
- Loudoun County (24)
- Lt. John Earley (3)
- Major Incidents (859)
- Mass Casualty Incident (116)
- Montgomery County Fire Rescue Service (MD) (64)
- must see video (303)
- National Fallen Firefighters Foundation (68)
- News (2499)
- Patient Management (142)
- PGFD (155)
- PGFD (MD) (147)
- PIO (80)
- Police (355)
- Quick takes (242)
- raid (4)
- Reports (55)
- Rescues (256)
- Social Media, Reputation Management, News Media (406)
- Special Operations (115)
- STATTer911.com Animation (4)
- STATter911.com archives (12)
- Technology & Communications (20)
- technology-communications-ems-topics (8)
- Training (14)
- Training & Development (28)
- training-fire-rescue-topics (33)
- Two-Hatters (3)
- U.S. National Grid (1)
- Uncategorized (2767)
- Vehicle Operation & Ambulances (19)
- Vehicle Operations & Apparatus (49)
- Videos (2617)
- Wildland (4)