A five-year-old girl who nearly died during an asthma attack November 28th thanked the three Prince George's County firefighter/paramedics who's quick action saved her life.
Christina Luckett handed out personalized plaques featuring her picture and photo to firefighter/medics Edward Scott, William Philpott and Clinton volunteer firefighter Ashley Butler as she met the rescuers inside the firehouse.
The trio also received Emergency Service Awards from Prince George's County fire chief Marc. S. Bashoor.
The rescuers took the unusual step of racing Christina to Southern Maryland Hospital in their fire truck while performing CPR, rather than waiting a few extra minutes for an ambulance to arrive. She had stopped breathing and had no pulse.
She was released from the hospital 3-days later and has fully recovered.
"Thank you!" Christina exclaimed before the formalities. "They helped me feel better."
Do you want to sell a rig? Click HERE to find out how withSellFireTrucks.com.
FIRE CAM Videos. The Original Helmet Cam
Subscribe to eMail Updates
- Fire in the firehouse: Danville, AL Station 2 burns.
- Raw video & radio traffic: Two-alarm house fire in Bethlehem, PA.
- UPDATE 2 – Never mind Earlier: Messing with the gold standard. LAFD shuts down news website & social media claiming HIPAA concerns.
- Raw video: Two dead in Los Angeles apartment fire.
- Must see: A patient who really fell out. Video captures crash that sends man flying from ambulance.
Most Recent Comments
- 19262007 on DC update: TV station shows Chief Ellerbe that many big cities are able to inspect ladder trucks & pumpers.
- slackjawedyokel on Raw video & radio traffic: Two-alarm house fire in Bethlehem, PA.
- dave statter on DC update: TV station shows Chief Ellerbe that many big cities are able to inspect ladder trucks & pumpers.
- Michael Gove on Raw video & radio traffic: Two-alarm house fire in Bethlehem, PA.
- Hat trick on DC update: TV station shows Chief Ellerbe that many big cities are able to inspect ladder trucks & pumpers.
- 911 (63)
- 911 Audio (45)
- Administration & Leadership (1918)
- Alexandria Fire Department (19)
- Anne Arundel County Fire Department (15)
- Apparatus Wrecks (93)
- Arlington County Fire Department (23)
- Aviation Incidents (33)
- Baltimore City Fire Department (88)
- Baltimore County Fire Department (41)
- Boston Fire Department (51)
- Bourne Fire Department (20)
- Breaking News (61)
- Buffalo Fire Department (40)
- Cameras & firefighters, EMS & police (119)
- Career – Volunteer Issues (86)
- Chicago Fire Department (66)
- Chief Dennis Rubin (150)
- Chief Kenneth Ellerbe (152)
- Command & Leadership (3010)
- Courts (151)
- Customer Service (203)
- DC Fire & EMS Department (310)
- Detroit Fire Department (102)
- Dispatch & Communications (205)
- Emergency Communications (204)
- EMS Dispatch (91)
- EMS Health & Safety (573)
- EMS Topics (3140)
- Fairfax County Fire & Rescue Department (72)
- FBI (7)
- FDNY (173)
- fire (3602)
- Fire Dispatch (140)
- Fire Prevention & Education (75)
- Fire Rescue Topics (3688)
- Firefighter Arson (43)
- Firefighter Safety & Health (2969)
- Firefighting Operations (2453)
- Fireground Audio (475)
- Firehouse Pranks (27)
- Fires (2585)
- FireTruckBlog.com (145)
- Funding & Staffing (326)
- Gary Fire Department (21)
- Gregson Street Guillotine (3)
- Haiti Earthquake (10)
- HazMat (184)
- Hosed (9)
- Houston Fire Department (32)
- IAFC (15)
- IAFF (229)
- In the Line of Duty (214)
- Japan earthquake & tsunami (6)
- Line of Duty (219)
- Los Angeles County Fire Department (15)
- Los Angeles Fire Department (44)
- Loudoun (21)
- Loudoun County (25)
- Lt. John Earley (3)
- Major Incidents (946)
- Mass Casualty Incident (133)
- Meadowood Ct. (3)
- Montgomery County Fire Rescue Service (MD) (68)
- must see video (376)
- National Fallen Firefighters Foundation (75)
- News (2831)
- Patient Management (165)
- PGFD (161)
- PGFD (MD) (154)
- PIO (86)
- Police (383)
- Quick takes (242)
- raid (4)
- Reports (58)
- Rescues (272)
- Social Media, Reputation Management, News Media (443)
- Special Operations (115)
- STATTer911.com Animation (4)
- STATter911.com archives (14)
- Technology & Communications (22)
- technology-communications-ems-topics (9)
- Thomas Hendershot (2)
- Training (18)
- Training & Development (29)
- training-fire-rescue-topics (34)
- Two-Hatters (3)
- U.S. National Grid (1)
- Uncategorized (2777)
- Vehicle Operation & Ambulances (22)
- Vehicle Operations & Apparatus (58)
- Videos (3055)
- Wildland (4)
Featured from across Fire/EMS
On Kevin, MD today, Julia Frank, MD demonstrates that being delusional is apparently no barrier to… (more)
The event is a no-fluff, all-meat time of discussion about the basics for firefighters and company… (more)
Get the scoop on hosting your blog or podcast here, site suggestions, questions and technical support.