Do you want to sell a rig? Click HERE to find out how with SellFireTrucks.com.
We started to post this helmet-cam video by Erik Couse yesterday, but it had gone private. It is now back up and it shows Tuesday’s multi-alarm apartment building fire in Montgomery County, Maryland that left 10 people, three of them firefighters, with non-life threatening injuries. Here’s the description with the video:
Third due engine as the Rapid Intervention Company. 7 rescues by Battalion 1 units made via ground ladders upon our arrival.
The fire, which was caused by a malfunctioning electrical socket, sent 10 residents to the hospital with minor injuries. It started just before 3:45 Tuesday and took firefighters more than 2 1/2 hours to get under control.
More than 100 residents of the Forest Park Apartments building at Piney Branch Road near New Hampshire Avenue were displaced by the fire. Many residents had to be rescued from third and fourth floor apartments.
At the Long Branch Community Recreation Center, 12 people displaced by the blaze spent the night and met with county officials about their options. Financial and housing specialists were on hand to determine if any of the residents qualified for food stamps or medical assistance.
Several of the people displaced lost more than possessions; a handful of displaced residents at the recreation center lacked medical necessities including medicine and inhalers.
The fire did about $1.5 million in damage to the building and its contents.