A five-year-old girl who nearly died during an asthma attack November 28th thanked the three Prince George's County firefighter/paramedics who's quick action saved her life.
Christina Luckett handed out personalized plaques featuring her picture and photo to firefighter/medics Edward Scott, William Philpott and Clinton volunteer firefighter Ashley Butler as she met the rescuers inside the firehouse.
The trio also received Emergency Service Awards from Prince George's County fire chief Marc. S. Bashoor.
The rescuers took the unusual step of racing Christina to Southern Maryland Hospital in their fire truck while performing CPR, rather than waiting a few extra minutes for an ambulance to arrive. She had stopped breathing and had no pulse.
She was released from the hospital 3-days later and has fully recovered.
"Thank you!" Christina exclaimed before the formalities. "They helped me feel better."
Do you want to sell a rig? Click HERE to find out how withSellFireTrucks.com.
FIRE CAM Videos. The Original Helmet Cam
Subscribe to eMail Updates
- Raw video: Latest clip shows what lead up to Uniontown, PA Fire Chief Chuck Coldren’s confrontation with citizen.
- More fireground incursions: Another citizen pulls up to a burning building. Video from West Ocean City, MD two-alarm motel fire.
- Watch telecast honoring Charleston 9. TV station airs NFFF documentary.
- Raw video: House fire in Newburgh, NY.
- Early video: House fire with dogs trapped in Austin, TX.
Most Recent Comments
- mark on Raw video: Latest clip shows what lead up to Uniontown, PA Fire Chief Chuck Coldren’s confrontation with citizen.
- Jamest55363 on Raw video: Latest clip shows what lead up to Uniontown, PA Fire Chief Chuck Coldren’s confrontation with citizen.
- GPTroy on Raw video: Latest clip shows what lead up to Uniontown, PA Fire Chief Chuck Coldren’s confrontation with citizen.
- Weird on More fireground incursions: Another citizen pulls up to a burning building. Video from West Ocean City, MD two-alarm motel fire.
- Just speaking my mind. . . on Raw video: Latest clip shows what lead up to Uniontown, PA Fire Chief Chuck Coldren’s confrontation with citizen.
apartment fire building fire California collapse Command Fire Apparatus Dave Statter DC DCFD DC Fire DC Fire & EMS Department District of Columbia EMS EMT explosion FDNY fire firefighter firefighting Firegeezer Fires Fire Truck Blog FireTruckBlog.com Florida Glenn Usdin helmet-cam house fire Illinois Indiana Maryland Massachusetts mayday Michigan New Jersey New York paramedic Pennsylvania Prince George's County Prince George's County Fire/EMS Department rescue sellfiretrucks.com STATter911.com structure fire Texas Virginia washington
- 911 (58)
- 911 Audio (45)
- Administration & Leadership (1790)
- Alexandria Fire Department (18)
- Anne Arundel County Fire Department (15)
- Apparatus Wrecks (89)
- Arlington County Fire Department (21)
- Aviation Incidents (31)
- Baltimore City Fire Department (88)
- Baltimore County Fire Department (41)
- Boston Fire Department (44)
- Bourne Fire Department (20)
- Breaking News (56)
- Buffalo Fire Department (36)
- Cameras & firefighters, EMS & police (113)
- Career – Volunteer Issues (85)
- Chicago Fire Department (62)
- Chief Dennis Rubin (139)
- Chief Kenneth Ellerbe (116)
- Command & Leadership (2672)
- Courts (147)
- Customer Service (200)
- DC Fire & EMS Department (272)
- Detroit Fire Department (89)
- Dispatch & Communications (144)
- Emergency Communications (141)
- EMS Dispatch (69)
- EMS Health & Safety (505)
- EMS Topics (2722)
- Fairfax County Fire & Rescue Department (70)
- FBI (7)
- FDNY (154)
- fire (3186)
- Fire Dispatch (117)
- Fire Prevention & Education (70)
- Fire Rescue Topics (3269)
- Firefighter Arson (42)
- Firefighter Safety & Health (2612)
- Firefighting Operations (2152)
- Fireground Audio (410)
- Firehouse Pranks (27)
- Fires (2272)
- FireTruckBlog.com (145)
- Funding & Staffing (309)
- Gary Fire Department (21)
- Gregson Street Guillotine (3)
- Haiti Earthquake (10)
- HazMat (170)
- Hosed (4)
- Houston Fire Department (30)
- IAFC (14)
- IAFF (220)
- In the Line of Duty (206)
- Japan earthquake & tsunami (6)
- Line of Duty (211)
- Los Angeles County Fire Department (15)
- Los Angeles Fire Department (36)
- Loudoun (21)
- Loudoun County (25)
- Lt. John Earley (3)
- Major Incidents (885)
- Mass Casualty Incident (120)
- Meadowood Ct. (3)
- Montgomery County Fire Rescue Service (MD) (65)
- must see video (316)
- National Fallen Firefighters Foundation (72)
- News (2558)
- Patient Management (149)
- PGFD (156)
- PGFD (MD) (148)
- PIO (83)
- Police (360)
- Quick takes (242)
- raid (4)
- Reports (57)
- Rescues (260)
- Social Media, Reputation Management, News Media (415)
- Special Operations (115)
- STATTer911.com Animation (4)
- STATter911.com archives (12)
- Technology & Communications (20)
- technology-communications-ems-topics (8)
- Training (15)
- Training & Development (28)
- training-fire-rescue-topics (33)
- Two-Hatters (3)
- U.S. National Grid (1)
- Uncategorized (2768)
- Vehicle Operation & Ambulances (20)
- Vehicle Operations & Apparatus (50)
- Videos (2694)
- Wildland (4)