This is helmet-cam video from High Def Helmet of a fire on Monday afternoon in the 4500 block of Perry Street in Jacksonville, Florida. According to news reports, the fire began on the front porch of one home and spread to a house next door. Neighbors complained to reporters about water supply issues they believe allowed the fire to spread, something Jacksonville Fire Rescue denies.
The home where the fire started was fully involved and spreading when Jacksonville Fire and Rescue Department crews arrived.
Neighbors in the Perry St./Long Branch neighborhood voiced several concerns to First Coast News about the lack of water and fire hydrants in the area.
Some neighbors believed the second home could have been saved had there been more water readily available.
FCN took those questions to JFRD. A spokesperson for the department said there was no water shortage, adding each engine carries over 400 gallons of water.
Also on STATter911 …
- House fire in Jacksonville, FL has neighbor concerned. The former firefighter was shocked to see just two on the rig. – August 9, 2013
- Helmet-cam: Jacksonville, FL firefighters at house fire with man trapped. – October 3, 2012
- Helmet-cam video: House fire with a man trapped in Jacksonville, Florida. – September 12, 2013
- Helmet-cam video: Jacksonville, Florida house fire. – August 22, 2012
Powered by Facebook Comments